Torta Mil Hoja - Nom nom nom!




Torta Mil Hoja
Originally uploaded by
Pancho_00


For my birthday last week my girlfriend Susan surprised me with a Torta Mil Hoja (Cake of a thousand sheets).

The Torta Mil Hoja consists of 20 or so individually bake sheets with thick Manjar filling (caramel made from boiled cans of condensed milk) between each sheet, then topped with coconut.

This delicious treat not only brings back fond memories of childhood, it also provides the sheer enjoyment of its sweet flavour and when  I say sweet, I mean sweet.This cake is not for the faint hearted, you MUST have a sweet tooth because in Chile, we don't believe that anything can be "too sweet".

1 comment:

  1. Holy moley! That would have taken ages to make! It's incredible! Did you save me a piece? ;)

    ReplyDelete