Living Under a Rock.

About two weekends ago my girlfriend and I started the labored task of building a new garden in our backyard which was no small feat.

Our house had three pre-existing boulder lined gardens which had become barren due to a lack of attention by our house's previous owners. The gardens now were merely mounds of grass that I had to awkwardly mow every week and so we decided that it would be best to remove these and form a new garden.

Our first task was to dig out and move about 20 boulders of varying size and then level the three gardens. Once we had a clean slate to start with we were able to re-lay the boulders in a new formation to make the gardens new shape.

As we were laying the boulders I dropped one near its soon to be new home and on impact a large piece broke off. To my amazement the piece that broke off contained what looks to be a fossil of a plant.

I have absolutely no idea what sort of plant this is, how old it might be or if it's even a real fossil but either way it absolutely made my day.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool!!! Maybe it's a plant from dinosaur days!! hehehehe. Maybe not, but either way - cool!

    ReplyDelete